View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 02:40 AM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
A big welcome from the state of Texas, USA. I look forward to seeing a picture of your double wedding quilt upon completion. Your color combitation sounds awesome. I know your friend will love it.
Ditto from Texas- glad you are "on board". I made my daughter a green & cream queen size DWR quilt 6 or 7 years ago, and I used Cheryl Phillips' book and templates "Rings That Bind". Her method is sewing strips then using her arc template to cut the strips sure saved a lot of piecing. I don't know how your fabric will do now if washed, but I always wash my fabric before I begin a quilt and use Retayne to set my colors that might bleed. That DWR fabric had all been washed prior to making the quilt but the first time the quilt was washed one of the greens bled. It never came out no matter what I tried and the quilt has never been in a dryer.
You might get a small bottle of retayne and give with the quilt if you think one of the fabrics might bleed. I love it that your Mom has picked up quilting now-what fun the 2 of you can have. Good luck!