View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 05:58 AM
JENNR8R

Wink The Rag Jacket is Finished!

I actually finished the rag jacket that I was asking about in this thread:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...n-t263248.html

I used the freezer paper method to trace the pattern from the flimsy paper. It worked pretty well. I made some obvious mistakes that made it take much longer than it needed to. I was able to figure out most of the directions until it came to the addition of the collar and cuffs. I had no idea what the directions meant so I just sewed them on. In the end, it is waaaaaay too big for me to wear outside of the house, and I don't know how to adjust the size. I figure I can wear it in the winter at home when I am chilly. It's like I'm wearing a rag quilt.

It took seven plus yards of batik fabric so it wasn't cheap to make, but it was fun. I'm not sure that I'll try another one. It's too expensive not to be able to make it fit me.

I asked my coworker to try it on, and it was too small for her and too big for me. I suppose I could ask her to lose weight or put some on myself.
Attached Thumbnails rag-jacket-large.jpg   rag-jacket-nfr.jpg   rag-jacket-nfr-side.jpg   rag-jacket-jjm-front-large.jpg   rag-jacket-jjm-back-large.jpg