View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 04:48 PM
sewbelle52

Originally Posted by judykay View Post
I solved my problem. I took it apart and discovered I had not cut away the background fabric like i thought i had. The backing was also very stiff so i diluted fabric softener in a spray bottle and sprayed the fabric whic worked. I cut the background fabric away from the flower area only and switched to warm and natural batting . I quilted one section with a swirling heart design and it quilted like a dream. Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions. My other dilemma is what to work on, i have two quilts in the handquilting process and another one in the piecing stage which is going to be a wedding gift. My problem is i need to be in the mood to work on a certain project or nothing turns out right on it and right now is not the mood for anything.
Oh I am the same way!! When I was young and in 4-H, my mother and I would get in the biggest arguments about my sewing on my projects. I would say the same thing--I have to be in the mood or it is RIP RIP RIP!! My mother is 84 yrs. old now. Wait til I tell her someone is just like me!!