View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 06:35 AM
Tippytoes

Hi everyone, greetings from a sunny North Yorkshire

i cannot thank you all enough for your confidence building words. The colours were a difficult selection for me as I'm fearful with colour combinations and struggle to just let go and go with it. The blue is suggestive of wave am which is why I chose it as the bride & groom live by the sea! The sunshine yellow will be the reverse of the quilt as when I attempted to add it into the piecing it just didn't sit well.

Im loving the idea of your volcanic Dresden Plate and thank you for your tips on correcting the excess. You were right, when I inspected the reverse, I could see my seam tapered off which of course made the allowance greater and therefore produce the excess. Good call!

Halo, what can I say! The tip of watching Kaye Wood was life changing! You clever thing to know where to point me! I the back of my mind I was worried about how I was actually going to quilt this, as I only have a Brother Innovis 350 home sewing machine. I know, I really thought this through didn't I! Anyway, the Kaye Wood technique solves so may issues and so what I am doing today is making up a block using her approach and then I will compare them so see just how much difference it will make in time and effort, oh and of course end result!

I will, of course, post a pic when I'm done.
Happy quilting everyone
much love
Mags
x