Thread: Need to LISTEN!
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 06:03 AM
Bubbie

I'm so very sorry you got burned by this lady. The ONLY way I take or do a commision for someone (even friends and family), is if we sit down and fill out an order form (you can get a carbonless box at any business store, they come in different sizes they have the white original and the yellow copy). When we are talking I put down what they are asking for - :ie - 1 (or 10), twin sized quilt, bright colors (no brown or what ever), the pattern to be used if they know or scrappy (again what ever), anything special to be added to the quilt (names, words, embellishments, matching shams or dust ruffles, etc.). After all is filled out with the date of the order and the amount of the deposit (the bottom of the receipt always says after cutting of fabric is started "NO" refund of deposit can be given), so times people want to change the color or pattern. I have the person read over all that I have listed and sign and date the bottom of the order when they give me the deposit. I know this sounds hard, but we shouldn't have to eat mistakes. My friends and family know I will make them quilts or let them come pick out a quilt I have finished, and I will give that to them very happily. If I'm wanting to just make them a quilt because, I will ask questions like color, etc. But if they are coming with a request, then they are just like anyone else with filling out the book (they only pay for the fabric). They know they are getting a deal (family and friends, because they only pay for fabric), because they are getting what they want for themselves or as a gift for someone else. You can care an order book with you, or you can tell the person with the request to meet for coffee and fill it out then. People will only treat you the way you let them treat you, so be better to yourself.