View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 06:39 AM
mckwilter

I am having the same problem in a different way. I have 3 projects where all the blocks are done and they just have to be put up on the design wall before completing the top. Since I am a very structured person, I agonize over this step, so have just stopped, rather than frustrate myself. Maybe I'll talk my daughter into doing one of these, since she is free-er than I am at that sort of thing.

Also, I was at a quilt retreat a couple weekends ago, and have two more projects to finish, plus a new, never-before-attempted project to be started. After the retreat, I sewed one block of one project, then the next time I sat down at my machine, I didn't even want to turn it on. So both those projects have been put in a box w/ all the fabrics, directions, etc., and hopefully, I will get them finished before the next April retreat, so I can participate in Show & Tell.

I started looking at patterns for something crafty that I could do and complete in a short time (a fabric box, bowl, SOMETHING!), but as I was sitting there, one of my hand applique projects (a BOM) which has been sitting in it's project box for over a year called my name, so I pulled it out and started the next block. I think when I finish this block (I'm estimating about a month), I will be ready to get back to the machine.

We all go through these times. I'd much rather change my focus than force myself to sew when my heart isn't in it. Good luck.