View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 07:06 AM
sophiebernina

I don't have a drop in bobbin so I am thinking I won't have to move anything to change a bobbin with either the Clearly Perfect Angles or the Sew Straight (I can't get the Angler in the UK, it does appear to be out of production now).

I hadn't heard of the Quilt in a Day Sew Straight. I have just googled and found that I can get it in the UK. This might be useful to easily move between machines.

Re the painters tape, the tip to use a marker pen is just brilliant. I have been using my ruler to ascertain where the 1/4 is and then really struggling to get the tape to lie right up against it, marking first would solve that problem.

Thank you for all the advice. I am going to give the ruler and marker pen a go and then see if I still want to buy a pre-made device at a later date.

Just a tip about marker pens (which you probably know already). If you want to remove permanent marker pen from something, draw over it with a non-permanent pen and just wipe it off. I do this to mark my rulers if needed and it always works for me.

Last edited by sophiebernina; 05-05-2015 at 07:08 AM. Reason: typos