Thread: Need to LISTEN!
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 08:55 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

So sorry you wound up in this predicament. Unless they quilt themselves, nobody can appreciate all the money that goes into a quilt, fabric, batting, backing, thread, to say nothing of paying you a decent price for your labor. I think Pegasus and lynnie gave good advice. Since you cannot possibly make another identical quilt, give her a new quote for two quilts, maybe even take her to a quilt shop to choose and pay for her fabrics or at least give you a deposit of one-third of the cost of fabrics, so she will realize the actual costs of making quilts. If she declines, then so be it. I realize you now have a twin size quilt you may not have made otherwise, perhaps there is a charity in your area that could use the quilt, plus it would be a tax deduction. Good luck, but I think all of us have been in somewhat similar positions in the past at one time or another. I once made a commission quilt for my best friend who wanted a quilt for her new log home (the builder said it was too big to be a log cabin-LOL), of course I only charged her about $100, although the majority of the quilt came from my stash and she is my best friend. She loves it, is proud to hang it in her home and I learned so much from making that quilt.

Last edited by MargeD; 05-05-2015 at 08:56 AM. Reason: too long