View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 09:18 AM
JustOneMoreYard

Word to the wise, don't purchase a Brother machine from Walmart! These machines are usually very low end, are all plastic. If you need warranty work done on them, local dealers will tell you to send them to Brother. Brother also sends the machines that don't sell well in the dealerships to Walmart. For instance, the one that has the drop in thread canister. A disaster in the dealerships, got sent to Walmart.

The one machine that I would recommend is the CS6000i and I have seen that one listed here several times.

It weighs in at just 9 pounds, and is their entry level computerized machine. I bought mine over 6 years ago and have not had any problems with it. You can find it on Amazon for about $145 average price, give or take a few dollars. I use it for my travel machine because my Brother Quilt Club 1000 is much to heavy to lug around.

I love it so much, that even recommend it to my entry level quilting students. Easy to use, portable and will do anything the larger machines will do. It even comes with an extension table. It does not come with a case, but Joann's as a rolling case for around $39 that it would fit in perfectly.

I have taken this machine on the plane with me, it fits beautifully into my rolling computer case! Watch the look on the TSA agents as it goes through the scanner, priceless!!