Old 05-06-2015, 02:59 PM
lkms

If you're really going from Washington DC to Boston, I have a suggestion for making your trip a little better.
Instead of heading north on I95, head northwest to Gettysburg, PA (a nice historical stop) on I270 and Hwy 15
and then continue north and northeast through PA on Hwy 15/I81/I84 to Danbury, CT (where you would be if
you stayed on I95). We have kids in Boston and go this way because it is far cheaper (I95 has lots of tolls),
usually faster because there's less traffic, and it's a prettier drive. If you do that, let me know and I'll meet
you for lunch or coffee in Frederick, MD since I live just south of there just across the Potomac river into Virginia.

Linda

Between the great job being super busy, working on sewing machines, working on my "new" 1965 Corvair, and getting the final details done for my Wedding on May 20th, life has not been boring...

I am posting this because The day after we get married, Heather and I are hitting the road and driving on a whirlwind trip across the entire country to the east coast. Heather has never really been east of Nevada, so I am introducing her to the "original 13"

Until we get to Boston we will have my 1867 MOP Grover & Baker cabinet in the rental vehicle, it is being delivered to the person who will be preparing it for it's new life in a South Carolina Museum.

The outbound trip is taking the southern route, the return trip is the northern route. Anyone wanna meet up for lunch/dinner along the way?

Also, Since we will be empty on the way back I can do an East Coast to West Coast mule/shuttle service for folks. (but side trips off the main route will need to be kept to a minimum.

The general plan is:
May 20th - Get married in Yosemite

May 21st - Leave Yosemite on road trip early AM
May 23rd - Arrive Georgia to visit Sister

May 25th - Arrive Washington DC
May 26th - Arrive Boston

May 28th - Arrive Philadelphia
May 30th - Arrive Jamestown, NY

May 31st - leave Jamestown NY for home
June 3nd - return home
[/QUOTE]