View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 03:50 PM
MargeD
Power Poster

It is definitely worth the trip to go to Keepsake Quilting. Not only will you enjoy the scenic ride there, the mountains, lakes, trees, etc., etc., but you will have a glorious experience at Keepsake. The staff is very friendly, and you will not believe the variety of fabrics that they have, with the fabrics organized in such a way that you should be able to find anything you want. Lots of books, patterns, notions, plus fabrics, fabrics and more fabrics. Can you tell that I love Keepsake? I don't go as often as I might like, but before my arthritis limited my driving, I tried to make the pilgrimage at least once a year. Also in the area is the factory for Anna Lee dolls and many other areas of interest as well as restaurants with good food, particularly Maine lobsters. Can you tell that I live in NH? Well, originally I grew up in SD, moved to Omaha, NE, met my husband who was stationed there in the Air Force, then we moved to NH when he returned home from Viet Nam. He was a computer repairman in the Air Force, and back in the early 70's, the only places for computers were CA, MN and New England. Since he had already spent a very snowy winter in Minneapolis/St. Paul before he left for Viet Nam, and his parents were in New England, here is where we moved, and started our lives together. Hope you can make the detour to Keepsake Quilting, I think you will be glad that you did.