Old 05-06-2015, 03:51 PM
Jeanette Frantz

Steve, my heartiest congratulations to you and Heather. It is, indeed, an ambitious trip. But we've done almost the same. My family is all in NW Arkansas and Oklahoma, and we have, in years past every year we can, made the trip from North Central Florida (Ocala) to NW Arkansas, the on to NW Oklahoma from there. It is a rough trip, but there's nothing like visiting with family. I understand that Florida is a little off the beaten path for you, but if you've never seen North Central Florida (and Homassassa) you've missed a lot. The area surrounding Ocala is the "horse capital of the world" and the horse farms are beautiful. There are gorgeous springs (Silver Springs). We've been here in Florida since 1967 (worked many years on the Space Coast - my husband was an electronic technician and I worked in the Technical Library at the Kennedy Space Center. It's unbelievable to watch the launch of a Saturn V rocket with an Apollo spacecraft on board! I stood on the steps of the Kennedy Space Center Headquarters building during the first successful Saturn V launch following the tragic fire on the launch pad that killed three US Astronauts! Those were very dark times.

The launches were spectacular and we enjoyed being a part of US Space History. To be young again --- Nah, I don't think I have the strength to go through that again! Got off the topic for sure!

Most of all, make your trip safely! Many, many years of happiness and love for you both, that is my wish!

Jeanette

Last edited by Jeanette Frantz; 05-06-2015 at 03:54 PM. Reason: correcting sme wording