View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 04:18 AM
Macybaby

They look like national. Measure from the front edge of the gap to the needle hole, National is 1/2" and White is 5/8". I have ended up with sets that have a mix of attachments from time to time.

Rudy - the three machines you mention are all made by White - in my research, I've found that figuring out what set of attachments fit goes a long way to determining the Mfg of the machine, well, at least until the time they all adopted Singer's Side clamp method.

By the time the sets came in cardboard boxes, it's narrowed down to basically White, National, Free, Standard and Singer. By this point, Domestic has become the same as White, and New Home is the same as Free. The are also all rotary. And later sets did not include the underbraider or Tucker as part of the basic set. Instead they have the gather foot, edge stitcher and sometimes the zipper foot. And there are a few other feet that were sold separately, it's always neat when you get a set that has some of those tucked in there.

These are all rotary sets. I could not find a picture of all the shirr/underbraider plates so I'll post one of each - mostly pay attention to the difference in those two parts.

This is the White Rotary

Here is Standard

This is New Home (late rotary, before Free took over) BTW - the underbraider and shirr plate will also fit on Singer and do show up in aftermarket sets with side clamp feet.

National

Free (and later New Home)

There are even more variations for the VS machines, and they can be harder to tell apart as something it's just a slightly narrower front plate that is different.