View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 07:54 AM
elly66

Emma Wow that's one big quilt! Are you quilting it yourself? The new machine will certainly be needed.
I understand what you mean Martina with stencil buying. Just so many great ones out there that it could be a stash in itself. But what fun picking them out.
tkhooper - Chances are the stencils will come for you too. Sounds like your doing it the right way and getting comfortable with the walking foot first. Quilty has several tutorials on FMQ I found really helpful (only been doing it myself this year) when you're to that point.
I had seen a stencil pen somewhere online to make your own with stencil plastic and the thing looked just like the wood carving pen I bought years ago that I haven't used for ages so I went hunting for it and sure enough I still have it. I have the McCall's quilt design book so I will be trying this out and see if it works making my own design stencil. I have bought several stencils (maybe ten) though. I can't draw worth a hoot so free form is totally out of the question for me.
Laurie - sorry to hear your under the weather. Hope you feel better soon.
After my slide from the wagon I'm staying strong (which was only last week come to think about it) A day at a time I guess.