View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 11:47 AM
J Miller

Default Mysteries solved.

Mystery #1:

For as long as I can remember I've had a memory of helping my mom extract her finger from a black Singer like sewing machine after she'd stuck a needle in it. But I had no idea what machine it was. Where we were at, or exactly when it was. I did know I wasn't very old then. Maybe 6 or 7.

Well the first clue is this picture I found last year and posted it. It was this pic which clearly showed a FW case on the chair to the right with mom in the background. On the bottom it's marked '58. I would have been 6 or so then.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]519074[/ATTACH]

I was looking through mom's photo album again last weekend and found the other clue. This one a pic dated 5-62 with me about 9.5 years old, my Aunt Sheri and mom behind Aunt Sheri. Under the table is the FW. Knowing our families financial situation at that time I seriously doubt if mom had any other machines.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]519079[/ATTACH]

So I'm going to say that it was this FW that I had to help mom get her finger out of.

Mystery #2:

A couple years ago in a bunch of sewing stuff we found a Singer button holler attachment in the rectangular green box.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]519080[/ATTACH]
Nothing unusual about that but in it was a receipt dated 4-2-62.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]519084[/ATTACH]
From a sewing machine shop in Farmington, NM. I had thought we had moved to Phoenix by then.
Nope. The button holler was bought for the FW.

Well, I still have the buttonholler, but the FW is long gone. Wish I still had it.

Mysteries are fun, aren't they.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails moms-fw001.jpg   img.jpg   moms-buttonholler-web.jpg   buttonholler-reciept-web.jpg