View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 09:13 AM
bdiver403

Default Holding Cones of thread...

Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
I have been trying to figure out a way to use the large cones of thread on my sewing machine. I had purchased one of the flimsy plastic ones from JoAnns but was unhappy with it. Then I was looking at the size of the cone spool and thought maybe if I could find a regular spool of thread that would fit into the cone hole then I could put the regular spool of thread inside the cone spool and set it on my sewing machine. I first tried this with a spool that was about half full and it worked just fine. I finished that spool and put on a full spool but haven't done a lot of sewing with the full spool but I think it will work just fine.

I also think that maybe the older singers do not like cone thread as I have had no luck using it on my Singer 15-91 or my 201. I haven't tried it on my FW. But that is OK, because the cone thread works just fine on my brother CS6000i and my new Singer 160th Anniversary machine.

Here is a couple of pictures of my cone thread spool idea on the machine.
HI,
Just thought I would share this trick... take one wire clothes hanger; hang over your pole light at your sewing machine; put your thread in heavy mug or coffee can thread through wire clothes hanger then thread sewing machine. Sew, sew, sew. Have fun! My mother and I have done this for years for our machines. -Bobbie