View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 11:07 AM
Rhonda Lee

I went to the show in Salt Lake and just looked and drooled. The quilts on display were so beautifully made. Oh my, what talented projects were there for us to marvel at, absolutely gorgeous creations. There were lots of divisions for judging; I could not be a judge, I loved them all. Each one a creation of beauty in their own right.

I had a chance to play on some long arm machines; there were about 10, give or take, brands to look at and watch demos or experience first hand doodling. I get intimidated very easily with those machines, but I had fun playing on them anyway. I did not buy one! I'm still researching the possibilities. Lots of vendors and demos with everything tempting for us as quilters, wonderful fabric and just plain fun stuff for the hobby of quilting.

I won a $20 gift certificate and spent it on 4 quilt patterned coasters and a wall plaque saying, "NEVER underestimate the power of a woman with a sewing machine". I spent $25.00 on a Quilt Block Puzzle. It has appr. 30 pieces to it and you can create 30 or more quilt blocks with it. Can even be used as a template. My granddaughter spent a good hour with it creating some of the designs that came with it. She is 9.

That's it. I did not spend 100's of dollars. I didn't take my credit card with me. I planned in advance to just experience the show and demos and come home with a trinket or two. I feel really good about getting some control into the spending that has been out of control. Thanks again folks for your help in this quest. Life is sooo good!