Thread: old pic
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 02:57 PM
QuiltnNan
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cheya View Post
Precious! I do quite a bit of genealogy and I'm amazed at how many old pictures I have that do not tell who is in the picture and a date. Since you know the people in you picture, please add that to the back with archival pen. You can probably give a pretty accurate date, too. Do you have a membership to ancestry.com or Family Search? You could add it to those sites for others to see.
my mother was pretty good at putting dates on pics. and she has bookcases of albums sorted by year. my maternal grandmother did a geneology and went back to England... I actually visited a grave of an ancestor there in Statford-on-avon. our family came over 15 generations ago on the wooden ship Arbella... i'd have to look up the date in the 1600s. i have a 'picture' of that ship, too. an aunt did a geneolgy on my dad's side and we are from Germany through Ellis Island - would have to look up that date, too. my mom's paternal side was from Scotland and I have a 4-generation pic of grandmothers. I have been lucky to know 4 of my great grandmothers and 3 of my great grandfathers. I've digitised many pictures and always save them with the date first... example.. today is 20150508. i do that when i save pics from the internet, too, and follow the date with the source of the pic so i don't accidently use copyright pics... i can find them to use a link instead.