View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Macybaby

Steve, I was joking with my husband - and said I wondered what I could put out on the curb for bait to lure you and Heather a bit farther north on your way home. I think the only one I've currently got you might be interested in is one I'm not ready to part with.

Other than a few for duplicates for display - my Singers are staying in the house.

I've been out measuring, and have figured out where I can put 6 display shelves. The attachments will go in the silverware boxes that will go in the big display case. I'll have to put in more shelves for them. I'm going to remove the tops from the cabinets (and store them safely) so the machines can sit open without taking up as much room. Will get interesting to deal with those that use the lid for leverage.

DH is working on getting the ceiling fan mounted in the display room - that is the last part he's got to get done there. He plans on getting that done tonight - so tomorrow morning I'll start moving machines, and then after breakfast, DH can help me start moving the cabinets.

For sure on display
National Two Spool in Cabinet
White VS (New Queen) in cabinet
Davis VS (Minnesota) in treadle table
Free VS in cabinet
Standard Rotary in cabinet (however I have both the slim and stout and love both cabinets and would love to fit both)
I also have the really neat small wood leg Sears treadle that I want to display

I have both a Demorest and Domestic that are coffin top style, so for sure one of those cabinets will be displayed
And then I need my Singer parlor cabinet that is converted to use for all the machines that won't be in cabinets.

I also have the Damascus Grand and the New Goodrich cabinets, but they are both smaller parlor ones so don't take up as much room.

Then I'll round it out with my favorite electric cabinets - and almost all of them have White made machines. I had planned to put my Mom's old White in the Martha Washington cabinet, and if I go that route, that one will stay in the house.