View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Girlfriend

Default Getting Patterns Organized

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519244[/ATTACH]

Hi, I've seen many questions on this board about how to get organized with old magazines and free patterns printed from the internet, I thought I would share with you how I recently dealt with it all.

It started when I went searching for a pattern I knew I had printed off the internet.... I did finally find it, but it sent me on a mission to get organized! Funny how that happens. I sorted all the patterns I have collected over the years, or printed off the internet (free and paid for patterns), by category. I took them all down to Staples and had them spiral bound.

It was a very freeing experience - I threw away 3 full garbage cans of stuff that was either duplicates, or I knew I would never use. That little venture cost me a whole week, working day and night, to accomplish. (And it made quite a mess in the process!)

Now, I have approx 20 bound books of patterns by category - Tablerunners, Bags and Totes, Moda Bakeshop, Chevrons (I love chevrons!), Christmas, Mug Rugs, and Cosmetic Bags, Children's Quilts, etc. etc. etc

Each bound book cost approx $4.50, but it was so worth it to finally get organized and be able to find what I am looking for!

Hope this helps those of you who have wondered whether it's really possible to get organized, (as I was very doubtful before). I find the Avery Binders take up too much space, which is why I decided to do it this way. Also, these spiral bindings allow for opening up to the back, and looking at only one page at a time. And... it's also harder to lose a whole book instead of a few pages! LOL. I am SO happy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519238[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519242[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1239.jpg   img_1232.jpg  

Last edited by Girlfriend; 05-09-2015 at 12:15 PM.