View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 03:06 PM
katesnanna

I have 5 Janomes and a Singer overlocker (serger). I never set out to have so many machines. I bought my first Janome 5024 in 2001 after having one machine for 30 plus years. My serger is around that age now. I was quite happy with that machine until I started quilting. I made quite a few quilts on that machine but wanted a larger harp space as I quilt my own quilts. That led to me getting a 6600 which still gets used regularly. Then a friend passed away and I bought her embroidery machine from her husband - a Janome 10000. I then decided as I was retired and well and truly hooked on quilting to buy another machine to go on my quilting frame so then came the Janome 8200.
Ever since I had acquired the 10000 I had always wanted to be able to do larger embroideries so when the owner of the LQS showed me the 15000 I fell in love with it. I decided to take some of my super annuation money and buy one. As we had to wait for the orders to come in I paid money off the machine every month. I maybe suffered some buyer's remorse but the more I use this machine the happier I am about it. I can actually have three machines going at once. I set both embroidery machines going then sew on the 6600. I'm one happy quilter and stitcher as I make bags, pincushions & sew together bags as well as other small projects and of course quilts.

Last edited by katesnanna; 05-09-2015 at 03:08 PM.