View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 06:11 AM
Macybaby

Cricket - love some of your ideas.

My real Sewing Area is upstairs, and not in any of the pictures I'm showing. I'm not concerned about easy access for use in the Display room.

I've got the layout figured and will have 14 cabinet machines (including the patcher) along with 6 shelves, which will hold about 36 more machines not in cabinets. Some of these are in cases, but most are treadles.

I'm keeping the Singers in the house - I've got room for about 25 heads/cases. I have three singer treadles in the library - will have two in my bedroom, one in my office and one upstairs. I think I can fit six more cabinets (electric) upstairs in the small room, and have two other electric cabinets downstairs. Got three more singer cabinets with machines in the actual sewing room, along with DH's two singers and Necchi (his bernina sits on top of the Singer 101 cabinet and his Viking 21 sits on top of the Necchi cabinet.

I also have the Martha Washington Cabinet upstairs to put my Mom's old machine in, and have three other Singer cabinets that have non-Singers in them (including my main sewing machine).

Today DH will assemble the shelves and hopefully this afternoon I'll move the rest of the machines out of the house. I'm going to have store bought shelves to hold the cases, I've got a lot of them too. I plan on making cloth covers for the machines, but that way I can remove them without taking the machines down. Can't do that if I use the case tops. They will get stored in the work room eventually.

As far as decorating - I plan to hang quilts where ever possible. Nothing real special, just ones I'm making for fun. Will sure cut down on the echos!

Last edited by Macybaby; 05-11-2015 at 06:13 AM.