Old 05-12-2015, 02:39 AM
grann of 6

I find all your replies very interesting. Personally, I don't believe in Quilt Police. I am of the "Love me, love my flaws" way of life.

We are artists, and therefore we have the right to interpret our version of that art any way we desire. I may not love your technique, but can still love that you are an artist, and respect your interpretation.

I haven't been quilting all that long, only about 7 or 8 years. But I was born with a needle in one hand and scissors in the other. I was an apparel and home dec sewer till I decided to sew for the pure enjoyment of it. If there ARE quilt police, they materialize occasionally as my mother sitting on my shoulder, telling me I shouldn't be putting blue and green together, or plaids and stripes....if you grew up in the 40s and 50s you will understand. My biggest challenge is getting past matchy matchy and being able to coordinate.

So I say, in my nearly 74 years of sewing wisdom, if your thread doesn't match perfectly, if your points are missing, or your seams aren't perfect, take joy in your creativity. It's not the road you travel to get to the destination, but the fact that you got there. I say POO on the Quilt Police!