View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 07:11 AM
huskyquilter

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I have a Brother PQ 1500s with a top speed of 1500 stitches. Way too fast for me, but like others have mentioned, I had trouble keeping the speed constant. So I taped a few layers of thick cardboard between the pedal and base to act as a governor. It took some trial and error, but I found my sweet spot. This way I can mash the pedal all the way down and the machine runs at medium-high speed. I thought in time I would remove some of layers of cardboard and up my speed, but when I try that my stitching gets messy, so I just go back to what I'm comfortable with.
I have this machine as well and that is a great idea, I'm definitely going to try it next time I FMQ.

To the OP, is your table on a wood floor by any chance? Maybe try putting some rubber feet on the bottom, not true feet, just those little sticky things you put on chairs to grip and protect the floor. Also, maybe your table has loosened over time. Ask your hubby to take a look, he might just need to re-tighten the screws. Another option is to put a towel or pad under the machine. Mine is much quieter if I have a folded up towel underneath.