Old 01-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Campbell34

I have a new 830 Bernina with all the bells and whistles,BUT I also have an old 930 Bernina, with knee lift, not much else,a few decorative stitches, the reason I bought it in the first place I wanted to do free motion stuff, I had just bought a new sears for $450.000, when I took a free motion sewing class, all my friends had the project finished and I was still sweating blood to get it done , They had Bernina and Viking machines, The next day I went to my credit union and asked for enough money to buy the new 930 bernina , the price had dropped to $1,300.00 because it was a demonstrator, I paid it off $30.00 a month, my paycheck at that time was $5.00 an hour 20 hours a week as a council on aging home health aide , I have never been sorry, the speed of the Bernina for freee motion is perfect and smooth , Ten years ago I did a lot of sewing for a couple of professional Knitting friends in Salt Lake City putting together ski hats and cut and sew sweaters, At that time I was offered $1,000.00 for my Bernina , I bought my new 830 in November of this year, I was offered $900.00 cash for my old 930 bernina ,I live several hours from my Bernina Dealer, ,he is as close as my phone ,Last year I bought the 440QE, it was a very nice machine, and I loved the self threading , several other features and the knee lift or the push button start ,great but it must be hooked up to a computer to use the embriodery part, when the quilt show came to Lake Havasu in November, the dealer was there ,he offered me back every dime I put into it for the new 830, My husband was so impressed with the features he encouraged me to buy it , At my age 75 it will be the last machine I will ever need to buy , I hope to live to be 100, as I have tooooo many quilts to make yet, I am enjoying every minute of it , I sew every day, I have just made a shopping bag and a bow tie purse from scraps, going to put together a quilt top and quilt it on the machine getting these things ready for a family reunion in Oklahoma in April, wanted to donate some raffle items and a bid item :lol: