View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 09:59 AM
SewingSew

First off, a big thank you to all you girls who are trying to help me! And a special thank you for the photos. I logged on just now to attempt to post some photos under "general chit chat", and I'm so glad I checked for messages here. Dms, I'll make sure that I use an open toed foot.

Now, I want to say to Debbie in MA, I love your dragon! Your photo is extremely helpful because it looks exactly the way my pattern looks. Based on your simple, but clear instructions, and based on everything I've been reading about applique', I think I understand how to proceed. And you're right, my instructions were not very clear. The designer led off by saying that she assumed that her audience had a basic knowledge of quilting--which I sort of do, but a little more info would have been very helpful. Pretty much, the instructions said, "Trace the pattern, cut it out, stitch it up and you're done." LOL But the pattern was just so stinkin' cute, I would have tried to make it even if it came without instructions...

Thanks again. I'll be posting a photo when this is finished. Wish me luck! Sharon