View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 12:06 PM
SewingSew

Default Cross Stitch and Crochet Photos

I just recently joined and these will be the first photos that I have uploaded.

I will be making a quilt in the next week or two, but I also wanted to share some of my other interests.

The Cross Stitch pattern is worked using petite cross stitch. For those of you who do also cross stitch, I have included a photo of the back side of my work because you may appreciate how meticulous I am in burying my thread. The work is unfinished. There will also be candles with flames and smoke and a verse from the book of Psalms: "Behold, children are a gift from the lord." I don't know if the photo will show it, but the woman is wearing a ring and the child's eyes are heart shaped.

The crocheted blanket is one that I began when I learned that my daughter was expecting. We didn't know the sex at the time, so I used yellow. She had his photo taken at the hospital in this and brought him home in it as well. I have made this blanket two other times in blue. I hope that I will need to make a pink one for a grand-daughter someday soon. I showed a close up in hopes that you can see the little hearts in the body of the blanket. Sharon
Attached Thumbnails dsc08560-640x480-.jpg   dsc08562-640x480-.jpg   dsc08568-640x480-.jpg   dsc08569-640x480-.jpg   dsc08571-640x480-.jpg