Old 05-15-2015, 03:56 PM
mermaid

I eeeek! look at that lint! I have 2 Pfaff machines and love the IDT foot and the quilting with them. You note the black foot behind the sewing foot? That is the IDT. It works in conjunction with the feed dogs like a walking foot. You justpush down a tiny bit to disengage and move up and to the back. To engage you will proceed just opposite by pulling down and 'scoot' under the foot until it settles in place. NOW...for quilting, you will lift the lever that raises the foot and as you do so, push slightly to the back and it will find a notch and settle into that. See how the foot is just above the feed dogs (which I did not lower for this pix). If you pull the lever slightly to the front as you lower it, it should settle onto the feed dogs. I think it is a great feature of Pfaff. Could this be your problem? Try lifting just a bit and pulling down & to the front/ Please let us know if it works for you. Otherwise, the shaft might have old gunky oil mixed with lint and maybe a drop or 2 of oil and work the lever up and down. I repaired one locked by rust and I let WD40 spray sit on it for a while.[ATTACH=CONFIG]519778[/ATTACH] Forgive me..I usually keep my machines cleaner, but have been sewing on 4 diff ones this week. Looks like I need to spray something on this one!! My bad.
Attached Thumbnails pfaff.jpg