Old 05-17-2015, 03:49 AM
Shorebird

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
Well, I thought my co-worker's new baby theme was going to be Winnie the Pooh but I was wrong. They are going with a Charlie Brown theme. Has anyone made a Charlie Brown quilt that I can see. I've search the web under images but nothing has really stood out to me yet. I'm thinking I would like to incorporate a yellow zigzag like the stripe on Charlie's shirt. Maybe as the border...not sure yet. I need inspiration.

My neighbor found 2 pleated drapery panels in a '70s VERY LARGE Charlie Brown print (browns, golds, oranges)...and asked me to make two twin quilts from the panels.......open weave drapery fabric so no cutting......I found some luscious batiks and added 4 borders in browns and oranges.......and then did an edge to edge quilting design ( backing was bright orange batik) that was a quarter moon, smiling, and loops and starts....(a cowboy theme on the panels)...and she was very pleased with how it turned out............since quilting was dense.......it washed and dried beautifully......just goes to show you that you can re-use many things if you cannot find new fabric yardage...