Old 03-21-2008, 01:50 AM
Izy

Thanks girls for your encouraging comments!

This design was taken from a book called "Art Nouveau Quilts for the 21st century" by Bea Oglesby, infact its on the front cover. But if any of you have this book, you can see I altered it quite alot, changing the leaf design and making 4 of the flowers 3d and making 3d centres for all the other flowers. I like to play about and make it my own lol!! I used filmoplast stabilizer behind the whole backing piece of fabric, so I could stitch the stems etc. with the intention of removing it afterwards - But I learnt a big lesson - although the filmoplast is repositionable Don't iron it!! As it becomes permanent if you do, as I found out!! So I spent quite a while using a teasle brush softening up and removing as much of the stabilizer as I could in the areas inbetween the stems etc. where I wanted to free motion meander. All told, this is what I enjoy so much, finding ways around obstacles - thats how I learn!! The 3D flowers were steam a seamed to fabric then stuck to filmoplast and satin stitched around the outline, and trimmed close afterwards. Thanks again for your lovely comments.