View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 01:01 PM
OdessaQuilts

Originally Posted by katier825
Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
It wouldn't be so distressing if these lines weren't so gosh-darned expensive! Am I right? When I'm paying $12.00+ per yard for Kaufmann and the quality slips, but the price doesn't, then I just have to stop buying it. But I make sure that the shop owners know why I'm not spending my $$ with them for that reason.
Are you really paying $12 for Kaufman? I've never seen any over $10, and can find online much less than that! I've yet to find a less expensive Kaufman that was inferior in quality. They have always been as nice as the LQS.
My LQS has some fabric (top-quality goods) for around $12 - $12.95/yd. I don't buy much of it at that price. I have been called "The Queen of the Internet" for fabric shopping, as I love a bargain just like everyone else. And this is from a dear friend who works at the LQS. In fact, she informed me last night that her shop had recently received both some Kaufman AND some of the Kona that was NOT as high-quality as they had been in the past. And guess what? THE PRICE HAD GONE UP!:twisted:

I'm sorry, but there is something inherently wrong with that. I do not begrudge a company the opportunity to make a profit for good quality products. But I have a big problem with seeing my money spent on things that benefit other countries while my neighbors suffer without jobs.

I do my best to shop at the LQS whenever I can. Those ladies in there are my neighbors and if they are unemployed, who do you suppose is contributing tax dollars to provide for them? But I will not be badgered into purchasing a "name brand" when they don't even have the company pride to keep the quality at a high level. I refuse to pay more for less quality.