Thread: Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 05:08 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

When I got my used Voyager 17 setup I tried several different types of thread. The one that gives me absolutely NO problems at all is Glide thread, which I purchased here: http://www.bobbincentral.com/quiltin...ead/glide.html . I love their magna-glide bobbins too. It seems to work really well with almost all longarm and domestic setups, although occasionally there is someone who posts it doesn't work well in their machines. If you call or email the company, they will let you order just a single cone to try out to see if it works for you (so you don't have to meet their minimum order requirement).

Here are the threads I have tried out: King Tut cotton, linty, occasional fraying or breakage, on the heavier side for a quilting thread), Signature (very similar to King Tut for me), Connecting Threads Essential Pro (70 wt polyester which makes it quite fine; lots of frame quilters use it successfully and it is very economical, but it broke too easily on my setup), and Glide (40wt trilobal polyester, very little lint, never frays or breaks on me).