Thread: vintage parts
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 12:24 PM
NapaJohn

Delilah,

The only problem with that Singer Deluxe Monogrammer is that it did not originally come with all of the alphabet cams, only with those letters that were purchased by the original owner. I have one but with only the clover design cam (no letters) and the cams themselves are rare and expensive. Here's one that is almost complete, but pricey: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SINGER-DELUX...-/111665528460

You could probably pick up a slant zigzag singer and the regular slant monogrammer with all 26 round cams for about that price. If you get an older slant like a 401 or 500 you also have to have the feed dog cover plate that comes with the deluxe buttonholer.

Kenmore also has a number of the super high shank machines that take a monogramming attachment which has an advantage of two sizes of letters for the monogrammers.

I recently found this Brother "Mademoiselle" monogrammer which allegedly works on any zigzag machine and I got it to kind of start working but it was stiff at first:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]520012[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520013[/ATTACH]

I thought I would oil it when I discovered that one of the rubber feet on the bottom had turned to goo and I'm going to have to find a way to clean and fix that before I do anything else. It gooed up the machine I tried it on badly. Anyone have a good fix for gooey feet?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520014[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails brother-monogrammer-1.jpg   brother-monogrammer-2.jpg   brother-monogrammer-4.jpg