View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 02:00 PM
quilt938

thanks Mike and JLM! I got to thinking about it and still haven't decided if it's worth it to me - I did like the idea of the cabinet though she said she thought the cabinet needed some work -said the top was scruffy or something. she's worried about it being in the garage - don't think it's been there long - but I dont have unlimited space though will have some space cleared upin a couple of days if all goes well. I'm wanting beauty and functionality especially if something takes up space like this sucker would. I already have a redeye that I think was originally a treadle - has the big wheel I think and 2 other treadles- one bought because I liked the looks and the other because I had too much trouble working the pretty treadle- that's before I ended up inheriting my mom's furniture and she loaded me with a few more desks and lots of machines in cabinets- gotta decide about a 401 she got for me- it has a huge desk with it - not my favorite but it's good sewing space- just haven't been able to get past the furniture and boxes stored in front of it to see if it's something I want to keep and use- it's in front of one of my 2 windows (townhome) so I'm wanting something I want to use in front of those so I can look out as I quilt. I'm thinking if the machine will lower in that big desk that it will be worth keeping and using - love the space it has to the left and the drawers- but otherwise havent' been able to get a good look at the overall appearance of it as that area is storage right now LOL!
I sure wish the cute little pfaff treadle with the faded decals I saw were cheaper - it's at an antique sewing machine shop about 30-40min away - but can't justfiy $250 for it when the decals are pretty but faded and the machine hasn't been spruced up and doesn't have anything with it and she says it's not one of the user friendly mechanisms (I still have anxiety thinking about that new home I bought!)

JLM that's awesome you have a nice sewer for $75! I wish I'd had time when I got the treadles I have to get used to using them- but the belt came off the singer and I was too incompetent/nervous to figure out how it went back on..should have called the lady I bought it from since she was an expert (she had tons but heard she sold all her beautiful heavy machines and went to featherweights because of knee problems and not wanting things she couldn't lift or keep serviced...) but time went on and they eventually became pretty tables then sorta pushed aside though still inside at least! can't wait to get things all fixed up!! and using my treadles and vintage machines :-)