View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 02:43 PM
no1jan

I just saw a picture of the quilt that Kim is making "Tumbling Blocks" which I thought was beautiful.

I just started quilting last year the week before Thanksgiving.
I always wanted to learn how to quilt, but never had the time. Then I had a stroke and lost my center vision so thought I would never be able to quilt.

Slowly over the last 6 years, I have tried and succeeded doing some of the crafts I used to do. Crocheting, macrame, rug making, etc. Still can't knit, but never was good at it before anyway. I go a lot by feel as I get very dizzy looking sideways.

My sister-in-law introduced me to quilting in November. She has made several quilts which I love. We sat down one afternoon and she showed me how to make a yo-yo and I caught the fever. We are now quilting buddies.

I am still working on the Yo-yo quilt as a take-a-long whenever we go somewhere or if I have a short amount of time.

I also started a log cabin quilt for my granddaughter which I thought I had messed up, but my sister-in-law insists that it is really good at least for a half blind beginner.

I just happened on this group by a message in a different group and am glad I did. Everyone seems so friendly and the quilts are absolutely gorgeous. I hope some day to have a quilt that I can post a picture of.

Bye for now and Happy Quilting!
Jan