View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 06:42 AM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by Grandma Peg View Post
Each year our small guild makes quilts for wounded or deployed soldiers. The last few years it has been deployed soldiers because we have had contact people. My son's unit received the quilts last year (they are due home in a couple months AMEN). This year a Colonel from KY heard about our guild and asked if his unit that is being deployed this summer could receive them? We were amazed that he found out about it and of course said yes. The whole unit will not receive a quilt but he said they would do a drawing. Here are the four I have done. The first is a Disappearing Four Patch from MSQC, second a simple charm square red, white and blue, third and fourth are jelly roll. The last one needs the hand sewing of the binding done. Thanks to our Military!
This is so cool. Thank each of you for supporting our military. My small quilting group (8 of us) just finished making 24 fleece lap quilts for our VA hospitals our annual charity donation. Last year we made 150 place mats for our local Meals on Wheels recipients. This would be neat to make some quilts for those still serving. What size did you make?
I just finished a quilt as a graduation gift for a student I had in 1st grade. I found out yesterday from his mom he will be going into the service in June.