View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 04:07 AM
soozieQ

Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
I found another diversion while still trying to finish up that king quilt.....here are twin quilted Owls. I love them. I saw then and just had to have them, one if for a friend. The tummy and wings are quilted. I had 1/2 yard of Jane Sassman fabric and I wanted the butterflies right on the tummy inset. I made a mistake and cut a back and almost couldn't do both tummies with butterflies but I made it whee...

I fussy cut for the wings and barely have anything left. I coordinated with a pretty small green floral, pink and yellow so everything went together. I didn't do felt for the eyes. I just painted those. I unraveled some cord for the ear feathers. These were fun but sure took an awful lot of stuffing and all day to make.

I see I am going to have to move the nose on the right one up a bit. I am not sure about the tail either. The pattern said to sew the tail to the bottom seam and that's what I did but it sure doesn't look right but it's staying lol...I;ll go move the nose up now tho.
WOW ! You are quite an artist in everything you do,you have a gift for colour. I collect owls I would love to know what pattern you used for this owl.