Old 05-21-2015, 08:42 AM
nlpakk

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Although proponents of vintage machines have a low regard for the new machines....I will duck as machine parts come flying over my head....my feelings are get a NEW reasonably priced, good rep machine as a traveler or a backup or even the everyday go to machine.....vintage is for those who want to collect.......thought I really wanted a FW until I bought it...NOT!!!! Love my new plastic ones better!!!
Sorry I have to disagree with you about the vintage machines only being for collectors. I have a 201 and a featherweight that I love and use all the time plus an older Pfaff that I wouldn't trade for anything. Many ladies in my quilt group also have and use vintage Singers regularly. So far I have not had to have any of them serviced, my husband checks them out for me and keeps them cleaned and oiled. By the way I don't consider myself a collector. Forgot to mention that I take the featherweight or the Pfaff to retreats or my quilt group. The 201 is way too heavy and is in a cabinet so it stays home.

Last edited by nlpakk; 05-21-2015 at 08:44 AM.