View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 05:01 AM
maviskw

Originally Posted by applique View Post
These are quilts which were given to the museum. I get a lot of interesting quilts through out the year, and even old tops. Those that come in on consignment and others which were not accepted for inclusion in the permanent collection and are now to be sold in the shop. These particular quilts are from a collector who is down sizing.She is not a quilter herself but she collects them and for her it is the thrill of the hunt which she loves. Two of them were bought today by another collector. They date to the mid 1800s and one had hand dyed borders (the red and green) and one had old neon fabric. Another donation of tops came in from the daughter of a 90 year old quilter. Her mother made 30 finished quilts for each daughter and these were tops which they did not want to try and get finished. Another bag was full of old pieced blocks (UFOs) and there was a hand written note that the makers did 12 to 14 stitches to the inch! The stories and pieces are interesting and I just thought you might like to see some old ones.
Thanks for the info. I hope all those UFO's and extra blocks get made into something beautiful and/or useful. I know there are many that would be willing to work at that.