View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 05:20 AM
soozq

Default Organizing and Down sizing

Can anyone out there in Quilt Land suggest ideas to rapidly use up material I inherited from my Mom? Her taste and mine were very different. I wanted to try and locate any local Church groups, but have not gotten one call or reply to the offer of FREE fabric for a good purpose. I am considering making up pillowcase kits, jelly rolls etc for a garage sale. I was even considering ebay option. Has anyone have any luck and or suggestions? I realllllllly need to get this half of the garage cleaned up and out. I have 5 industrial rolling racks with Rubbermaid storage tubs crammed full along with apx 24 large plastic handled clear project boxes to deal with. Between my stash and what was my Mom's I feel when I go into the garage I could put a sign that says....Whoever dies with the most fabric wins.....sorry Mom just a fact and I know I shouldn't complain. Neither of my sisters nor my daughter can even thread a needle. Now on the other hand my granddaughter will grab every scrap of fabric she can find and use them for blankets for her stuffed animals...LOL...which makes me smile. She is my only hope of being recruited. She's only 6 but an artsy little girl, will spend hours cutting, coloring, pasting and glittering things. Anyway now that I have figured out how to get to this website...Thank you to anyone who has any ideas in advance. I live in Howell, MI if any ideas in my area...