Old 05-22-2015, 11:18 AM
redbugsullivan

I must chime in here just because this board is a shadow of its former self. "Come in and sit a spell," now has caveats that sometimes appear arbitrary. Of course, limits exist for reasons! I'm a public school teacher; I get it.

I can only speak for myself. When I post anything here, my professional filter has to be in place. Even as I write this short response, I delete 80% of what is typed for fear someone will call it venting, preaching, or some other rule that I didn't realize I was breaking. My posts are in formal language, now. The moderators have the right to create and enforce rules.

What is the point of my post today? Cultural differences come out in writing. The QB has a more formal culture than it used to. If I choose to contribute I must accept those rules. I just wish I didn't have to find out the hard way (through my own experiences and those shared by others, off board) what is the moderator's definition of venting, preaching or offering. In MHO, the BEST rules are simple ones. Then energy is spent learning, sharing and growing.

My herd of sewing machines has quadrupled in size over the past year. British Sewing Machine Co, Frister & Rossmann, Jones, Serata, and many more European machines have become mine. Maybe later, when I have more energy, I can post about them and teach, learn, grow... But for now, I miss using my informal language to respond. So I remind myself that life is change. This board has changed. And life goes on!

Memorial Day has a way of putting life-events into perspective. For those who have sacrificed to keep our country free enough to have a board like this one, thank you.