Old 05-24-2015, 04:32 PM
SassyCrab

Default Problems with Hoopsisters Sewn Seeds BOM sampler

Hello all, I'm at my wits end. I'm making a quilt shop sample of the Hoopsisters Sewn Seeds sampler and am having a lot of trouble once I put the backing on the block. I'm using quilt shop batik fabrics and the battilizer with Madeira Polyneon thread. I have tried these blocks on a Babylock Ellagio plus and Babylock Ellisimo Gold. My thread is shredding and breaking repeatedly once I start the embroidery and quilting where I'm using the same thread in the top and bobbin. I have already contacted my local quilt shop and Hoopsisters for suggestions, but nothing seems to help. I switched to a Microtex 90/14 needle, tried a different bobbin case, re threaded top and bottom numerous times, even had the machine serviced. I slow the machine down as far as it will go. I added the cover over the feed dogs. I even tried backing the block with cotton and testing cotton on top and bottom. My thread was recently purchased. I tried changing the tension, but I have no clue what effect that is having. Is anyone else experiencing these kinds of issues? I have only completed 4 blocks of the 64 I need! Eek! Any suggestions would be appreciated. And you for your time!