Thread: Frixion pen
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 07:07 PM
FroggyinTexas

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Friction creates heat so the marks have to have friction to go away. Tumbling in a hot dryer will work.

I use them. The gel washes out just like any other marking pens you use. I washed a sample after ironing and the marks did not re appear in the cold freezer. The sample I did not wash the marks came back. I trust them more then I trust the disappearing marking pens or the blue wash out pen which can be set permanently with heat. And I don't care if my quilts don't last for generations. They can make their own. LOL
I am in 100 percent agreement with you. I have used them on an appliqued center medallion for a quilt that measured 120' x 120'. It did not get washed after it was quilted and the marks disappeared when pressed with a hot iron. The chances that it will ever be in a situation where the temp is below 40 degrees are slim to none. I have used Frixion pens on much smaller items and have had no problem with them. My quilts will last longer than I will and what happens to them after that will be somebody else's problem. froggyintexas