Thread: Keurig ?????
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 05:36 AM
Misty's Mom

Originally Posted by dd View Post
I just received a used one and had all kinds of problems. They told me to unplug and use a safety pin or paper clip and poke in the holes in the bottom of the K-cup holder then go to the needle in the top and push it into the little holes around the needle. Ok that worked. So I filled it with vinegar. Then it would say brewing but nothing came out. Called back to Keurig. They went through more steps with me and still the same, Brewing but no water. She put me on hold and when she came back she was sending me a whole new unit. This was a large one that isn't made any more. She overnighted me a top of the line 2.0 model. Don't do it. The 2.0 will only brew the new Keurig K-cup. It has a code on the top label that the machine reads before it brews. Gave it to the kids last night. So try poking around at yours. Oh, also let the vinegar sit in the guts of the machine for 4 hours to be sure all the white lime deposits are dissolved. put it in let it start to run thru and turn it off so it sits "in" the machine for a while. Mine said to only use bottled water, not tap water. We have well water and I knew that wasn't good for it. Kids live in town.
We have the 2.0 and there is a work around so you don't have to buy just their cups. I cut the top off of a cup that had the code and just put it on the top of the other cups. Since then I discovered there are better ways. Just google workaround for the 2.0. Also, you need to just run hot water through the dispenser periodically to rinse it. Love ours.