Old 05-26-2015, 01:27 PM
janRN

Just checking in and have to tell you about my day today. Every year I go to a Quilt in a Day lecture given by Pat Knoechel, Eleanor Burns' sister. Pat demonstrates some techniques, introduces EB's newest books and products and is very entertaining. Guess who gave the lecture today??? Eleanor Burns!! Yep, what a surprise, it wasn't publicized, she just got up to the podium and started the lecture. She's from a small town not far from me, Fombell PA (pop about 2200) and still has lots of family here. They had a family reunion for Memorial Day so she joined Pat at the lecture. What fun! She's really funny. Introduced all her family and sold tons of books that she autographed for everyone. Very enjoyable day.

Got my FWS 1930s book over the week-end, got to look at the cover. Been very busy (not sewing) and hope to get to spend some time with the book tonight while MrJan is golfing. I already know I'm not doing those white zigzag thingys in between the blocks. Love the fabrics Carrie & Anne have picked. I'm just going to use stash fabrics and of course a few donkeys here & there LOL.