Old 05-27-2015, 06:53 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

Replacing the gold is not an option as I ran out of fabric used in the first round of doing the Crossed Stars, JanRN. The later Stars were too small and not consistent the size of the first seven I made. The Border print is four yards long, and I will cut it for the border to run the full length of the quilt, combine the ups and downs of the border to be 'up' with a small 'braid patter between the border panels...I have a quilt book on 'braids' and will add my own touch to that down the road. After I purchased my choices, the clerk called my attention to their display of border prints....but I told her, 'too late' and walked away...

Another choice with Border print fabrics is an simple nine patch, or to cut the nine patch into four sections and sew them back together, set them on point between the strips of the border....making a quick and simple quilt that is attractive. It falls in later quilt not right now...there will be an off white color in that also.

Almost finished the Trellis borders yesterday...still have the header and footer to design...that will make three ready to go...next is the Pony Club border. But tomorrow will be outside work, weeding and pulling rhubarb and freezing it. Have a good one, everyone.