Old 05-27-2015, 10:23 PM
Freaky_Quilts_Dragon

For me, whenever faced with a potential project, I ask myself four questions: 1) Do I want to do this? 2) Can I do this? 3) Will I actually get around to it sooner rather than latter? 4) Will my boyfriend be mad if I bring this home?

That last one is veeery important for me. I have bottles, quilts, jeans, rag rugs, pewter casting, candle making, wood carvings, etc all waiting for a piece of my time. And he's getting tired of looking at them sitting there!

Yeah, I understand not wanting to tackle a pile of rust and make it into a working sewing machine.

I was in the same boat until I saw a Davis New Vertical Feed on eBay for $33 *including* shipping. I couldn't afford a nice one so... A lot of WD-40, Evaporust, gun oil, and about 100 hours of elbow grease later she sews like a dream. And I realized I really, really like rebuilding antique sewing machines. Alas, there aren't many rust-buckets to save here in Colorado, it's too dry. I wish I could afford to buy yours off of you but my rusty toys budget has been tapped out for pretty much the rest of the year

Last edited by Freaky_Quilts_Dragon; 05-27-2015 at 10:28 PM.