View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 01:29 AM
CarolinePaj

Okay Ladies.... Here is my twopence worth.

It hurts when I pay exorbitant prices for fabric here compared to the U.S. but I put up with it as I love quilting and would miss it terribly if I stopped. BUT I object to buying piecemeal bits of fabric....... For example, LQS here never seem to carry a full range of fabrics, just the ones the shop owner found appealing.... So I look on line, find some fabrics on a pattern or US site that I love and try to buy them here only to be told that they have only a few fabrics from that particular range. So when you see a quilt made using a particular range that you want to make... It takes weeks to find the fabrics.

Now here is the way to get fabric Customs free! If you have a friend in the US, get them to buy he fabric for you and to post it in a flat rate envelope ($24.95) which will take 6 - 8 yards depending on the length and the fold of the fabric. As the friend purchased it they can legitimately send it to you as a gift which will not incur taxes and customs up to a cost of £75 (I think... But please check the HMRC website).

hugs to all and happy quilting.

Caroline