Thread: Guilds
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 05:59 AM
Kath12

Our guild has been having trouble with one member who has been bullying members (including me) for the past few years causing members to quit the guild. I too was contemplating quitting (I've been a member 12 years and served on the board for 11 years). Well I got together with the guild's president (I'm the past president) about this issue along with a few other members and she announced at one of the guild's meetings without naming names that this bullying will no longer be tolerated. If members can't be civil to one another they will be asked to leave the guild. Things are getting better and the person/persons know that we are going to keep an eye on them and won't tolerate their bullying any more. We don't want any more members quitting because of them.

Originally Posted by ocydroma View Post
I joined a guild to learn more about quilting. I am a raw newbie. I wanted to learn tips, techniques, history. I want to do something that gave back to the community. I wanted to be with like minded people and have fun and make new friends.

The reason I asked this question is to see what people look for in a guild. As far as what would make you leave a guild, I am leaving the guild I have been a member of for 1 year. Not much has been done as far as charities go and this year has been nothing but middle school teenage girl drama. People bad mouthing other people. Going behind people's back to benefit themselves and so on. I'm the youngest member and I'll be 47 this year. I can not believe the immaturity of this group of "girls".

So as of right now I am jaded. I may take a couple months to find and visit other guilds to see what they are like. I realize anytime you put several females together in a room issues will arise but when it comes to the point of harassment, I'm done! I was hoping the drama would subside but it's just escalating.