Old 05-28-2015, 09:08 AM
Rodney

Any idea what that one is Joe?
I can see it's a transverse shuttle but that's about it.
I've seen a few machines I wouldn't touch. This one has been broken and brazed back together: http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...-21767021.html
It looked like a good job but it's too easy to have alignment issues with that type of repair.
I would rather tackle Joe's example. Rust isn't nearly as scary as broken or missing parts.

I have a Japanese made White that is relegated to parts machine status. It's pretty easy for repairs to cost more than the machine and cost more than you can sell a machine for once it's fixed. I bought another similar White in better condition that it will help make run.
My 648 Touch & Sew might end up the same way due to a disintegrated nylon gear. I already bought parts for it once and hate throwing more money at it.

Cari I still have your cats' urinal. I haven't fixed it yet. That one is going to get a complete strip and repaint. First I need to walk again and clean the shop though. I still have your "golden" Jones waiting for me to get off my dead butt too.
Rodney